The International Film Festival in Puerto Vallarta 2023 will be held from June 8 to 11 showcasing eight films at various venues throughout the city. The event is organized by the Centro Universitario de la Costa and serves as an extension of the Festival Internacional de Cine en Guadalajara, hosted by the Universidad de Guadalajara (UdeG). This edition of the festival is dedicated to the memory of Lic. Raúl Padilla López, a person instrumental in its creation and promotion.
The gala performance on June 10 at 8:00 p.m. will be dedicated to the memory of Raúl Padilla López, and the proceeds will go to the Los Mangos Cultural Center Library. The cost of the ticket is 100 pesos, and there are 400 spaces available.
Dr. José Luiz Cornejo Ortega, the Academic Secretary of CUCosta, acknowledged that the festival has become a local favorite over its 23-year history. Ana Elena Martin del Campo Carrillo, the general coordinator of FICPV23, mentioned that the festival will be held at different venues to make it accessible to the local population
Next year, the organizers plan to hold at least two galas to benefit more civil associations. Tickets are available at CUCosta’s Extension Coordination Office. The funds raised at the gala will be used to renovate the exterior of the library. The festival is an excellent opportunity for the local population to enjoy national and international cinema and support good causes.
These are the films to be screened at the International Film Festival in Puerto Vallarta (FICPV23):
- “La Pecera” (2023), directed by Glorimar Marrero-Sánchez.
- “Benjamin’s Wife” (1991).
- Tribute to actress Arcelia Ramírez.
- “Redes: Juegos de la Vida” (2023), directed by César Arechiga.
- Charity gala in favor of Centro Cultural Biblioteca Los Mangos, with the screening of “Almamula” (2023), directed by Juan Sebastián Torales.
- “Kenya” (2022), directed by Gisela Delgadillo
- “El Castillo” (2023), directed by Martín Benchimol
- Master Class on documentary filmmaking by Olivia Luengas
- 3rd edition of the short film contest “El Mar en Corto”.
- “Martínez” (2023), directed by Lorena Padilla.
The festival will conclude with the presentation of the Golden Iguana Award to Arcelia Ramírez, Glorimar Marrero-Sánchez and Lorena Padilla.